MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joe Shear Date:July 23 2003 8:50pm
Subject:RE: large mysql/innodb databases
View as plain text
The data is constantly updated.  There are 3 or 4 huge tables, and
several smaller tables.  We would love to have an incremental solution
that is *guaranteed* to be correct, but we haven't found a way to do
that, so what we've been thing is we'd do a complete snapshot once a
week, and do incremental backups of one form or another every day.  The
replicated slave is allowed to stop replicating during backup.  There is
no absolute requirement on the time needed to restore.  We'd like most
disaster recovery to go fairly quickly, but we realize that on our
budget, that a major disaster could cause us fairly significant
downtime.

--
Joe Shear <joe@stripped>

Thread
large mysql/innodb databasesJoe Shear23 Jul
  • Re: large mysql/innodb databasesmos23 Jul
RE: large mysql/innodb databasesAndrew Braithwaite23 Jul
  • RE: large mysql/innodb databasesJoe Shear23 Jul
RE: large mysql/innodb databasesAndrew Braithwaite23 Jul
  • RE: large mysql/innodb databasesJoe Shear23 Jul
RE: large mysql/innodb databasesAndrew Braithwaite24 Jul
  • RE: large mysql/innodb databasesAdam Nelson24 Jul
  • RE: large mysql/innodb databasesJoe Shear24 Jul
    • RE: large mysql/innodb databasesAdam Nelson26 Jul