MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joe Gainey Date:July 23 2003 8:47pm
Subject:Master/Master Asynchronous replication
View as plain text

	Currently we have a web based application that is mostly reads (4:1
r/w).  It is using a single MySQL database server.  Is there any way to
have two database servers in a master/master configuration such that
writes to either database server are replicated to eachother.  Basically
even though we have a 4:1 ration of read/write the writes happen often
enought that when the database goes down the app stops working.  I know
how to get this working in Oracle (insert big laugh here) but Oracle is
cost prohibitive.  Any pointers?  Any suggestions?  If this is available
in the latest version that would be great.

Thanks

/Joe

Thread
Master/Master Asynchronous replicationJoe Gainey23 Jul
  • Re: Master/Master Asynchronous replicationGaspar Bakos28 Jul
  • Re: Master/Master Asynchronous replicationJoe Gainey28 Jul
  • Re: Master/Master Asynchronous replicationJeremy Zawodny29 Jul
    • Re: Master/Master Asynchronous replicationMichael Brunson29 Jul
  • installation problem Mysql 4.0.13 on Red Hat linux 6.2sanjay gupta29 Jul
  • Re: installation problem Mysql 4.0.13 on Red Hat linux 6.2sanjay gupta29 Jul
  • Re: installation problem Mysql 4.0.13 on Red Hat linux 6.2Matthew29 Jul
  • Re: installation problem Mysql 4.0.13 on Red Hat linux 6.2sanjay gupta30 Jul
  • Re: installation problem Mysql on Red Hat linux 6.2sanjay gupta30 Jul
  • Re: Master/Master Asynchronous replicationJoe Gainey30 Jul