MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrew Braithwaite Date:July 23 2003 8:43pm
Subject:RE: large mysql/innodb databases
View as plain text
Hi,

We have similar numbers here.

A couple of questions:

- are they logfiles that could be rolled over on a daily basis or are they
constantly updated huge tables?

- is the type of backup you want incremental or a daily/weekly snapshot one?

- do you have a requirement for the speed of restore needed in the case of
disaster recovery?

- is the replicated slave allowed to stop replicating whilst the backup is
being performed?

Let me know and I think I'll be able to help :)

Cheers,

Andrew