MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joe Shear Date:July 23 2003 8:08pm
Subject:large mysql/innodb databases
View as plain text
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with setting up large and
fairly high performance databases.  We are looking at setting up
databases with each machine having somewhere between 500 gigs and 2
terabytes along with a slave box and we'd like to backup everything to
tape at a minimum of once a week, but if possible, daily.  We're also
looking at central storage solutions.  However, we're hesitant because
that will result in a (very expensive) single point of failure.  Of
course, we could buy 2, but they are fairly expensive.  Has anyone had
any experience with setups like this?  What kind of backup solutions did
you use?  We aren't too concerned about the CPU usage as our databases
tend to be i/o bound.
--
Joe Shear <joe@stripped>

Thread
large mysql/innodb databasesJoe Shear23 Jul
  • Re: large mysql/innodb databasesmos23 Jul
RE: large mysql/innodb databasesAndrew Braithwaite23 Jul
  • RE: large mysql/innodb databasesJoe Shear23 Jul
RE: large mysql/innodb databasesAndrew Braithwaite23 Jul
  • RE: large mysql/innodb databasesJoe Shear23 Jul
RE: large mysql/innodb databasesAndrew Braithwaite24 Jul
  • RE: large mysql/innodb databasesAdam Nelson24 Jul
  • RE: large mysql/innodb databasesJoe Shear24 Jul
    • RE: large mysql/innodb databasesAdam Nelson26 Jul