MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrew Braithwaite Date:July 23 2003 7:02pm
Subject:RE: mysql stops processing
View as plain text
Hi,

I don't know what type of applications are using your database but if I had
to guess at the problem, I would guess that you have a very slow query which
runs every now and again that is locking up certain tables/records causing
all the other queries to queue up and eventually running out of connections
on the DB.  To find out if this is the case, when your server gets into this
state run a "mysqladmin -v pro" and see if all the queries are waiting for a
lock to be freed up.

Hope this helps,

Andrew