MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:July 23 2003 4:58pm
Subject:RE: Can run two versions of MySQL in Windows 2000?
View as plain text
At 6:32 -0500 7/23/03, Degan, George E, JR, MGSVC wrote:
>I'm sorry, I'm very new at this.  I only downloaded the live version
>last week.  Where do I find the setting you are referring to?  By
>attempt to run the servers, perhaps this is a correct answer to your
>question:  I am only using this for learning purposes.  I am hoping to
>attain new skills and thought that SQL was a good place to start (since
>I believe it to be the base for many database languages (DBIV (or
>whatever version they're up to today, Oracle, Sybase, Peoplesoft, etc.)
>and perhaps if I lose my job this will broaden my choices in looking for
>a new position/career.  If this is not a correct answer to your
>question, please clarify.

It's not.  I'll attempt to rephrase my questions.  However, I will also
suggest that if, as you say, you're very new at this, attempting to run
multiple servers before you are comfortable with running a single server
is not likely to be very easy.

re: your setup: What version of Windows do you have?

re: your settings: What options are you using to start the servers?
(for example, are you passing options on the command line or storing
them in an option file? If an option file, which one and what do its
contents look like?)

re: how you're running the servers: What command do you use to invoke
the servers?  Are you starting them from the command line, or installing
them as services and running them that way?

It is a good idea to explain exactly what you're doing, and to provide
any relevant error messages that occur. (By that I mean the text of the
error messages themselves -- not just a general description of the
failure.)

Thanks.

--
Paul DuBois, Senior Technical Writer
Madison, Wisconsin, USA

Are you MySQL certified?  http://www.mysql.com/certification/

Thread
Can run two versions of MySQL in Windows 2000?George E, JR, MGSVC Degan22 Jul
  • Re: Can run two versions of MySQL in Windows 2000?Victoria Reznichenko22 Jul
RE: Can run two versions of MySQL in Windows 2000?George E, JR, MGSVC Degan22 Jul
  • RE: Can run two versions of MySQL in Windows 2000?Paul DuBois22 Jul
RE: Can run two versions of MySQL in Windows 2000?George E, JR, MGSVC Degan23 Jul
  • RE: Can run two versions of MySQL in Windows 2000?Paul DuBois23 Jul
RE: Can run two versions of MySQL in Windows 2000?George E, JR, MGSVC Degan23 Jul
  • RE: Can run two versions of MySQL in Windows 2000?Paul DuBois23 Jul
RE: Can run two versions of MySQL in Windows 2000?George E, JR, MGSVC Degan23 Jul
  • Re[2]: Can run two versions of MySQL in Windows 2000?Stefan Hinz23 Jul