MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Gorelczenko Date:July 22 2003 3:21pm
Subject:Alpha 4.1-Temporary Tables-Alter/Update
View as plain text
Good Morning,
I'm running Alpha 4.1 on Linux.  I'm new to MySql but familliar with other
databases.  I set up a user with "Create Temporary Tables" permissions.  That
user can create temp tables but can not alter or update the table.   That
user is getting "Update command denied to user..."  for the temp table.  They
also get this error when an alter table is executed.  Doesn't the user have
ownership of the temp table they create?  If they do then why can't they
alter/update it?  Am I missing something?
Pete

Thread
Alpha 4.1-Temporary Tables-Alter/UpdatePeter Gorelczenko22 Jul
  • Re: Alpha 4.1-Temporary Tables-Alter/UpdateEgor Egorov22 Jul
    • Re: Alpha 4.1-Temporary Tables-Alter/UpdatePeter Gorelczenko22 Jul