MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Floyd Baker Date:May 25 2003 4:09am
Subject:Re: db admin on secure server
View as plain text
On Sat, 17 May 2003 22:06:03 +0100, you wrote:

>Server fully firewalled
>
>phpMyAdmin over a secure connection, with localhost as the connection
>address which will use the *nix socket, rather than TCP/IP. That way all
>traffic between you and the database is either secure or on the server
>itself
>
>IMHO !
>
>Peter

Peter

Afraid I need a little more detail on this.  Been trying to make
things work as I think is meant but nothing clicks.  Right now I'm
going https to phpMyAdmin on the server.

The server is iptable firewalled and I have ssl and sftp too.  It's
that 'socket' stuff I don't know about.  Might be practically there
but I can't see it yet.

Thanks for the assistance.

Floyd

db admin on secure serverFloyd Baker17 May
  • RE: db admin on secure serverPeter Lovatt17 May
    • Re: db admin on secure serverFloyd Baker25 May