MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Curtis Maurand Date:May 21 2003 4:21am
Subject:Re: MySQL ODBC Can't Handle 4000 records contains BLOB
View as plain text
According to the docs, you can use the dynamic cursor as of 3.51.01.  If
your blob is large, you'll take up a lot of memory on the client having it
store all 4,000 of the rows.  You can enable the option from the manual
settings or you can pass OPTION=32 as the connection string.  Of course
all of this is in the manual.  The performance issue you are having is
with the ODBC driver, not MySQL itself.  Make sure tracing is turned off
as well as the query log.

Those are thoughts that I can find on the website.  I don't use windows
too much for this sort of thing.

Curtis

On Wed, 21 May 2003, William IT wrote:

> MyODBC version 3.51.06
> MySQL version 3.23 on RedHat Linux 9.0 on P4-1800 MHz, 512 DDR and HDD 80
> GB, swap file is 5 GB.
> Delphi version 7.0
>
> I hope can use MySQL to replace MS SQL to save my money.

Curtis Maurand
mailto:curtis@stripped
http://www.maurand.com

Thread
MySQL ODBC Can't Handle 4000 records contains BLOBWilliam IT19 May
  • Re: MySQL ODBC Can't Handle 4000 records contains BLOBMartin Gainty19 May
  • Re: MySQL ODBC Can't Handle 4000 records contains BLOBWilliam IT20 May
RE: MySQL ODBC Can't Handle 4000 records contains BLOBMike Hillyer20 May
  • Re: MySQL ODBC Can't Handle 4000 records contains BLOBWilliam IT20 May
    • Re: MySQL ODBC Can't Handle 4000 records contains BLOBCurtis Maurand20 May
    • Re: MySQL ODBC Can't Handle 4000 records contains BLOBWilliam IT21 May
      • Re: MySQL ODBC Can't Handle 4000 records contains BLOBCurtis Maurand21 May
        • Re: MySQL ODBC Can't Handle 4000 records contains BLOBWilliam IT21 May
RE: MySQL ODBC Can't Handle 4000 records contains BLOBDave Christensen21 May