List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Stefan Hinz Date:April 25 2003 8:50am
Subject:Re: DB Field Prepopulates with same every time...
View as plain text
Jonathan,

> I have a simple PHP script which handles a users profile.
> There are 2 fields, postal_code SMALLINT (5), and phone_number INT(12).

> Whenever I insert values into these fields or update values, they are
> saved as 32767, for the both of them.

> I print out my SQL statement prior to inserting/updating, and sure
> enough, the values are what I input in my form BEFORE they go into the
> DB.  But the answer comes after they are inserted/updated.  All other
> columns are fine...

Well, anyone here can only guess. Please provide some more info:

a) SHOW CREATE TABLE users (or whatever it's called),

b) INSERT INTO users (...) # The query that causes the trouble

  Stefan Hinz <hinz@stripped>
  iConnect GmbH <http://iConnect.de>
  Heesestr. 6, 12169 Berlin (Germany)
  Telefon: +49 30 7970948-0  Fax: +49 30 7970948-3

[filter fodder: sql, mysql, query]

Thread
DB Field Prepopulates with same every time...Jonathan Villa25 Apr
  • Re: DB Field Prepopulates with same every time...Stefan Hinz25 Apr
  • Re: DB Field Prepopulates with same every time...(Terry Riley)25 Apr