MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Karam Chand Date:March 20 2003 2:00pm
Subject:Re: sql diff for mysql
View as plain text
Hello

You can connect to your remote MySQL server using
SQLyog. Just give in your MySQL details and it will
connect to your remote MySQL server.

Then you can create the SQL script which will bring
your Local MySQL server and remote server in sync with
each other.

Karam
--- Florent Martineau <florent.martineau@stripped>
wrote:
> Thanks for sqlfs, very interessant!
>
> know i use SQLyog
> but this soft do not have a php client do deal with
> sql server hosted
> behind a web server.
> and it do diff only on the structure, not on the
> data.
>
> Tonu Samuel wrote:
> > On Fri, 2003-03-14 at 17:19, Florent Martineau
> wrote:
> >
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>I'm searching for a mysql diff tool to update my
> database when changing
> >>structure and so.
> >>Does anybody outthere knowing such a tool ?
> >

> > As much I know, there is no such tool exists. I am
> doing myself some
> > version control of SQL tables after their dumpout
> with mysqldump.
> >
> > You might be also interested in my SQLFS project
> on
> > http://www.sqlfs.org. This must enable full
> control of any database in
> > future with common tools like cvs, grep, diff, sed
> and so on.
> > Currently it can do read-only access for demo
> usage only.
> >
> >    T> >
> >

> --
> Florent MARTINEAU
> SoftKeys sarl
> +33 (0)6 89 49 20 01
> http://www.softkeys.fr

> Trouble unsubscribing? Try:

http://platinum.yahoo.com
Thread
How to implement this query - can you help pls?Kyle Lange14 Mar
  • RE: How to implement this query - Sorry about the receipt folksKyle Lange14 Mar
  • sql diff for mysqlFlorent Martineau14 Mar
    • Re: sql diff for mysqlKaram Chand14 Mar
      • Re: sql diff for mysqlPaul DuBois14 Mar
    • Re: sql diff for mysqlTonu Samuel20 Mar
      • Re: sql diff for mysqlFlorent Martineau20 Mar
        • Re: sql diff for mysqlKaram Chand20 Mar
  • Re: How to implement this query - can you help pls?Bruce Feist14 Mar
  • Re: How to implement this query - can you help pls?Roger Baklund14 Mar
    • RE: How to implement this query - can you help pls?Kyle Lange14 Mar
      • RE: How to implement this query - Can you help pls?Kyle Lange14 Mar
  • Re: How to implement this query - can you help pls?Harald Fuchs15 Mar
Re: sql diff for mysqlHeikki Tuuri20 Mar