MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tonu Samuel Date:March 20 2003 10:09am
Subject:Re: sql diff for mysql
View as plain text
On Fri, 2003-03-14 at 17:19, Florent Martineau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm searching for a mysql diff tool to update my database when changing
> structure and so.
> Does anybody outthere knowing such a tool ?

As much I know, there is no such tool exists. I am doing myself some
version control of SQL tables after their dumpout with mysqldump.

You might be also interested in my SQLFS project on
http://www.sqlfs.org. This must enable full control of any database in
future with common tools like cvs, grep, diff, sed and so on.
Currently it can do read-only access for demo usage only.

   Tõnu

Thread
How to implement this query - can you help pls?Kyle Lange14 Mar
  • RE: How to implement this query - Sorry about the receipt folksKyle Lange14 Mar
  • sql diff for mysqlFlorent Martineau14 Mar
    • Re: sql diff for mysqlKaram Chand14 Mar
      • Re: sql diff for mysqlPaul DuBois14 Mar
    • Re: sql diff for mysqlTonu Samuel20 Mar
      • Re: sql diff for mysqlFlorent Martineau20 Mar
        • Re: sql diff for mysqlKaram Chand20 Mar
  • Re: How to implement this query - can you help pls?Bruce Feist14 Mar
  • Re: How to implement this query - can you help pls?Roger Baklund14 Mar
    • RE: How to implement this query - can you help pls?Kyle Lange14 Mar
      • RE: How to implement this query - Can you help pls?Kyle Lange14 Mar
  • Re: How to implement this query - can you help pls?Harald Fuchs15 Mar
Re: sql diff for mysqlHeikki Tuuri20 Mar