MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tab Alleman Date:March 19 2003 7:56pm
Subject:RE: Restoring from a .sql file
View as plain text
Paul DuBois wrote:
>> Line 7 is:
>> USE `cm_central`;

> Try omitting the backticks from the database name.
>
> mysql has a slightly different parser than the server and
> that may be causing you a problem with the USE statement.

Thanks again Paul, that did the trick...which is kind of a BitterSweet
thing, actually...

Mysqldump puts the backticks in by default, and then mysql < file.sql
chokes on the backticks by default.

Is there any way to tweak either of these two steps to get them work
together without my having to manually remove the backticks from the
.sql file?  If not, I think it would make a great new "feature" in a
future version.

Tab mysql, sql
Thread
Restoring from a .sql fileTab Alleman19 Mar
  • Re: Restoring from a .sql fileRyan Fox19 Mar
Re: Restoring from a .sql filePaul DuBois19 Mar
RE: Restoring from a .sql fileTab Alleman19 Mar