List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mr Orange Date:March 19 2003 5:25pm
Subject:appending to longtext field
View as plain text
Hello all,

I have a database with a type "longtext" called "notes".

Say I wanted to append some text to this field, what command would I use?

I have tried the following sql..
  update clients set notes=notes+"text to append" where id=1;

But this doesn't seem to do the job.

I am new to MySQL so sorry if I've asked an obvious question!

Many thanks in advance,

Steve.

PS.  What is needed is a database to store notes on each client which can be
added to as necessary.  If anyone has a better idea of a way to do this, I'd
be very grateful for any help!  Cheers.

Thread
appending to longtext fieldMr Orange19 Mar
  • Re: appending to longtext fieldGV19 Mar
  • Re: appending to longtext fieldMr Orange20 Mar
    • Re: appending to longtext fieldJeff Shapiro20 Mar