MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joseph Bueno Date:March 18 2003 5:37pm
Subject:Re: error
View as plain text
Hi,

You should run mysqladmin from DOS prompt, not within mysql client.
If you want to create a database from mysql client, you should use:
	create database database01;

Regards,
Joseph Bueno

Patrick Geary wrote:
> Hi
> I am a new user of Mysql and have received an error.
> I enter my C drive using the MS-DOS prompt. I then access the mysql\bin
> directory.
> I then type "mysql". which welcomes me to Mysql Monitor.
> I then try to create a database called "database01" by typing "mysqladmin
> create database01\g" but i get the following error:-
>               Error 1064:You have an error in your SQL syntax near
> 'mysqladmin create database01' at line 1.
>
> I would be very grateful if you could get back to me about this as i am
> using it for a college project.
>
> Thanks
> Patrick Geary

Thread
errorPatrick Geary18 Mar
  • Re: errorPaul DuBois18 Mar
  • Re: errorJoseph Bueno18 Mar
  • Re: errorBrian McCain18 Mar
  • maximum manageable table sizes for performanceMurad Nayal18 Mar