MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Uttam Date:March 16 2003 8:10am
Subject:RE: Newbie - How can I insert new data with the current date/time?
View as plain text
*if you create a column of the type TIMESTAMP instead of DATETIME then it
automatically stores the time when the record was inserted/last updated.  If
you have more that one column of type TIMESTAMP in the same table then only
the first TIMESTAMP column gets updated automatically. (Don't confuse MySQL
TIMESTAMP column type with Unix Timestamp, MySQL TIMESTAMP column is just an
automatically updated DATETIME column)

*to insert current datetime in a DATETIME column, use NOW() or SYSDATE().
e.g.
INSERT INTO bug_master VALUES (1, "Timothy", NOW())

regards,