MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:KKolle Date:March 15 2003 2:37pm
Subject:Newbie - How can I insert new data with the current date/time?
View as plain text
I have a table called animals (using the example in the MySQL guide). I have a
datetime column type.
Here is the table:
create table bug_master (
               id MEDIUMINT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
               name CHAR(30) NOT NULL,
               date DATETIME NOT NULL,
               PRIMARY KEY (id)
          );

I want to do a simple insert into the table with the current date and time, i.e.
the system date.
I'm having some problems finding the correct sql syntax to do this. Could anyone
help with this?
Do I need a Now() function?

insert into animals <the rest of the query??>;

Thanks!
Kevin

Thread
Newbie - How can I insert new data with the current date/time?KKolle15 Mar
  • Re: Newbie - How can I insert new data with the current date/time?Paul DuBois15 Mar
  • RE: Newbie - How can I insert new data with the current date/time?Uttam16 Mar
Re: Newbie - How can I insert new data with the current date/time?KKolle16 Mar
RE: Newbie - How can I insert new data with the current date/time?KKolle16 Mar