MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:James Manning Date:September 16 1999 8:04pm
Subject:Re: How to delete a member from a SET column
View as plain text
[ Thursday, September 16, 1999 ] Martin Ramsch wrote:
> Nevertheless I'm not entirely sure, if it would be wise to actually
> implement such functions as outlined above, because then it would
> become easier to deal with sets - and this means, more and more people
> would actually use them and would try to handle databases which are
> not even in 1st normalform.  Maybe not that good an idea ... :)

Out of curiosity, is the "right way" then to always keep an id -> name
table separately and join that in (on the id) to find rows with
properties of a certain type?  or are there better approaches?

James
--
Miscellaneous Engineer --- IBM Netfinity Performance Development
Thread
              • Re: How to delete a member from a SET columnJames Manning17 Sep
                • Re: How to delete a member from a SET columnMartin Ramsch17 Sep
                  • placeholdersjice17 Sep
                    • Re: placeholdersBob Kline17 Sep