MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Zak Greant Date:January 31 2003 9:18pm
Subject:Re: Newbie Q: Booleans??
View as plain text
On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 10:16:05PM +1030, David Hefford wrote:
> Have used many databases but am just getting into MySQL and am totally rapt
> about it :) I am writing a front end in realBasic that needs to be able to
> run on various backends, MySQL being the main one. All of the others have a
> boolean type of column. What is the general practice to ?mimic? a BOOLEAN
> field in MySQL? PS: I do not need NULL or date for example, I just need true
> or false, yes or no etc...

  Hello David,

  Column types BIT/BOOL are available. (However, they are mappings to
  TINYINT(1). :)

  Perhaps check the list archives - this question has been asked in the
  past as well. IIRC, there are discussions on whether or not it should
  be implemented.

  Cheers!
--
 Zak Greant <zak@stripped> | MySQL Advocate |  http://zak.fooassociates.com

MySQL Tip: Use your favorite editor to edit queries within the mysql client
  mysql> \e

"While we are postponing, life speeds by."            --Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Thread
Newbie Q: Booleans??David Hefford31 Jan
  • RE: Newbie Q: Booleans??Fernando Grijalba31 Jan
  • Re: Newbie Q: Booleans??Diana Soares31 Jan
  • Re: Newbie Q: Booleans??Zak Greant31 Jan