MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jens-Petter Salvesen Date:January 30 2003 11:12am
Subject:RE: mysqldump, exclude table?
View as plain text
Actually, you might want to play with sed or perl.

mysqldump -u root --no-create-info -q --all-databases | sed s/'INSERT INTO
acctlog'.*//

is a first draft, although perhaps not optimal in speed. It will remove all
acctlog inserts from all databases. You might want to play a bit with shell
scripting if you need to remove acctlog inserts from only the 'server'
database.

If you are on windows, I believe you will find some port of sed for that
platform as well.

best regards,

Jeppe