List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joshua Chamas Date:September 14 1999 7:07pm
Subject:Cacheing Behavior + Performance
View as plain text
Hey,

I was working with MySQL 3.22 on NT, and noticed that every
flush_time, my tables are flushed & key buffer cache cleared.

Why should the cache be flushed when the tables are ?

Is there anyway to get the sync behavior of flushing without
flushing the key buffer too ?  I'm assuming the cache is
flushed because after long idle time, my mysqld is taking very
little memory.

I'm worried that in production, I'll have 200M maybe 400M in
RAM cache, and this all getting flushed when mysqld does a
flush / sync.  Seems like this would hurt performance quite
a bit.

Is this really a problem ?  It is only my observations
with testing.

-- Joshua
Joshua Chamas                      Chamas Enterprises Inc.
NODEWORKS - web link monitoring    Long Beach, CA  USA  1-562-432-2469
http://www.nodeworks.com           http://www.chamas.com
Thread
Cacheing Behavior + PerformanceJoshua Chamas14 Sep
  • Cacheing Behavior + PerformanceMichael Widenius17 Sep