MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gelu Gogancea Date:January 16 2003 8:16pm
Subject:Re: g++ and mySQL]
View as plain text
Hi Benjamin,
----- Original Message -----
From: "Benjamin Pflugmann" <benjamin-mysql@stripped>
To: "Gelu Gogancea" <ggelu@stripped>
Cc: <dileep@stripped>; <mysql@stripped>
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2003 4:23 PM

> Hi.
>
> On Thu 2003-01-16 at 13:54:14 +0200, ggelu@stripped wrote:
> > Hi,
> > If i understand well you wish to concatenate different strings.
> > Are many options but the most handy solution is if you use "sprintf".
>
> Well, in C++ you would rather use stringstream, because it has better
> type and bounds checking. Something like (untested):
An object type which is C-style(c_str()) and which is null terminated array
of characters.
In this case i wonder ...if is a better bounds checking or is a "little"
wasted of memory ?...considering that we never know from the begining the
size of the string.In fact, i think that is the main purpose of the string
type.This is indeed a facility for the programmer.

> #include <sstream>
> [...]
> std::ostringstream query;
> query << "insert into table-name values (1, "
>       << "'" << my_escape(aaa) << "', "
>       << "'" << my_escape(bbb) << "', "
>       << "'" << my_escape(ccc) << "')"
> mysql_query( connection, query.str().c_str() );
>
> (where my_escape is some function calling mysql_real_escape_string())
>

> Or alternatively, use the mysqlcpp, the C++-API (which I am not so
> fond of).
...on this point we can handshake.

> HTH,
>
> Benjamin.