MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David T-G Date:January 15 2003 3:56am
Subject:Re: when to normalize out to a table
View as plain text

Cal, et al --

...and then Cal Evans said...
%
% http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=sql+for+dummies&btnG=Froogle+Search
% http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=sql+for+smarties&btnG=Froogle+Search
% http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=mysql+paul+dubois&btnG=Froogle+Search
% (first book in the list)
%
% I can personally recommend the first two and while I've never met him, I do
% not hesitate to recommend the author of the third.  :)

I've heard good things about the third (well, *lots* of good things; I've
heard at least *some* good things about all three) and it's on my list as
soon as I have some cash to buy it.

%
% These are all portable, energy efficient and almost never crash unless
% thrown.

*grin*

%
% Also, using the table structures we've discussed, something like:
%
% Select p.productID,
%        p.title,
%        v.description as range
%   from product p left join voicingType v on p.voicingTypeID =
% v.voicingTypeID
% where productID = 4
%
% should get you a result set back with a productID, title and the description
% of the range.

OK.  First I have to get my head around your table structure, which I'll
do in more detail now that I have an example against it, and then I have
to figure out how to read that to learn a bit about how it works -- but
I'm very grateful!

%
% =C=
%
% *
% * Cal Evans
% * Stay plugged into your audience.
% * http://www.christianperformer.com

Thanks & HAND

:-D
- --
(play) davidtg@stripped * society and not sufficient moral courage.
(work) davidtgwork@stripped  -- Mary Baker Eddy, "Science and Health"

Thread
when to normalize out to a tableDavid T-G15 Jan
  • RE: when to normalize out to a tableCal Evans15 Jan
    • Re: when to normalize out to a tableDavid T-G15 Jan
      • RE: when to normalize out to a tableCal Evans15 Jan
        • Re: when to normalize out to a tableDavid T-G15 Jan
          • RE: when to normalize out to a tableCal Evans15 Jan
            • Re: when to normalize out to a tableDavid T-G15 Jan
          • Re: when to normalize out to a tableMichael T. Babcock23 Feb
    • Re: when to normalize out to a tableMichael T. Babcock15 Jan