List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jules Bean Date:September 8 1999 6:07pm
Subject:Re: INSERT DELAYED question
View as plain text
Jeff Schwartz wrote:

> I just added DELAYED to some of my inserts and noticed that the processlist
> shows
>
> 1      Sleep   62
>  3      Sleep   212
>  4      Sleep   2
>  5      Sleep   71
>  6      Sleep   45
>  7      Sleep   193
>  8      Sleep   25
>  9      Sleep   16
>  10      Sleep   24
>  11      Sleep   30
>  177         Delayed_insert   112   Waiting on cond   log
>  178         Delayed_insert   112   Waiting on cond   event_users
>  268     mysql   Query   0      SHOW PROCESSLIST
>
> Yet all other processes are sleeping. Does this mean the delayed inserts are
> still waiting even though nothing else is going on?

You can find out if there are any inserts pending with show status -
look for 'not_flushed_delayed_rows' (or something like that, I may have
the name slightly wrong).  If that's zero, as I suspect it will be,
you're fine.

I interpet 'Waiting on cond' (in my database) to mean that the delayed
thread is hanging around in case some new inserts are coming along, but
is otherwise idle.  I'm not quite sure what it's supposed to mean ;-)

Jules

|  Jelibean aka  | jules@stripped         |  6 Evelyn Rd        |
|  Julian Bean   | jmlb2@stripped        |  TW9 2TF *UK*       |
INSERT DELAYED questionJeff Schwartz8 Sep
  • Re: INSERT DELAYED questionJules Bean9 Sep
    • Re: INSERT DELAYED questionMichael Widenius9 Sep
  • Re: INSERT DELAYED questionsinisa9 Sep