List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rodney Broom Date:November 26 2002 7:17pm
Subject:Re: Perl scripts to run concurrent commands on MySQL
View as plain text
From: Michael T. Babcock <mbabcock@stripped>

> Read up on 'fork'...
> ... (wait for pid1, pid2) ...

Geetika,

Michael's snippet is better (required) for the end result that you are after. When you get
to the point of actually wanting the numbers, you will need to wait for the children to
finish. Since it still looks to me as though you may be having dificulting getting
"concurrent" processes to run, my example will get you started. But like Michael said,
read up on fork:

  perldoc -f fork

It's only about a page long, and really isn't rocket science. Hollar if you still need a
hand.

---
Rodney Broom
President, R.Broom Consulting
http://www.rbroom.com/

sql

Thread
Perl scripts to run concurrent commands on MySQLGeetika Tewari26 Nov
  • Re: Perl scripts to run concurrent commands on MySQLMichael T. Babcock26 Nov
  • Re: Perl scripts to run concurrent commands on MySQLRodney Broom26 Nov