MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Iikka Meriläinen Date:November 26 2002 2:51pm
Subject:Re: Grant - questions
View as plain text
Hi!

RTFM :-)
These URLs will help you:
http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/User_names.html
http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/GRANT.html
http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Adding_users.html

Iikka

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002, Darryl Hoar wrote:

> Greetings,
> I created a database.  I am having problems connecting
> to the database remotely.  Getting "Access Denied".
>
> If I log into the machine that the database is on and
> mysql -u darryl -ppassword
>
> I get in.
>
> If I try to connect from another machine, "Access denied for
> darryl@stripped".
>
> How do I setup the username/permissions correctly for remote access ?
>
> thanks,
> Darryl

 Iikka Meriläinen
 Vaala, Finland
 E-mail: Iikka.Merilainen@stripped

Thread
Grant - questionsDarryl Hoar26 Nov
  • Re: Grant - questionsIikka Meriläinen26 Nov
  • SQL Row Counting in MySQLTom Place26 Nov
    • Re: SQL Row Counting in MySQLPae Choi26 Nov
    • Re: SQL Row Counting in MySQLJoakim Andersson26 Nov
    • Re: SQL Row Counting in MySQLGelu Gogancea26 Nov
    • re: SQL Row Counting in MySQLVictoria Reznichenko26 Nov
    • Re: SQL Row Counting in MySQLSteve Yates26 Nov
  • re: Grant - questionsVictoria Reznichenko26 Nov
Re: SQL Row Counting in MySQLAlec.Cawley26 Nov