MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Iikka Meriläinen Date:November 26 2002 2:47pm
Subject:Re: Is it possible to export data from access to MySQL?
View as plain text
Hi!

Yes, it's possible. Export your Access data to standard csv files, and then
use mysqlimport with appropriate parameters to import the csvs into MySQL.
The MySQL manual has excellent guidance on using mysqlimport or LOAD DATA
INFILE statements (which can do the same as mysqlimport).

Iikka

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002, Steve Jackson wrote:

> Is it possible to export data from MS Access into MySQL?
> If so how?
> I have a huge amount of data that will take weeks to input and I've
> convinced my boss to use MySQL rather than any other DB because of it's
> compatibility with PHP. However I (probably hastily) *assumed* that
> there would be a way to export the data.
> Any ideas?
>
> Steve Jackson
> Web Developer
> Viola Systems Ltd.
> http://www.violasystems.com
> stephen.jackson@stripped
> Mobile +358 50 343 5159

 Iikka Meriläinen
 Vaala, Finland
 E-mail: Iikka.Merilainen@stripped

Thread
Is it possible to export data from access to MySQL?Steve Jackson26 Nov
  • Re: Is it possible to export data from access to MySQL?FlashGuy26 Nov
    • RE: Is it possible to export data from access to MySQL?Steve Jackson26 Nov
  • Re: Is it possible to export data from access to MySQL?Iikka Meriläinen26 Nov
  • RE: Is it possible to export data from access to MySQL?Jim Esten26 Nov
  • Re: Is it possible to export data from access to MySQL?Chris Knipe26 Nov
  • Re: Is it possible to export data from access to MySQL?John Ragan26 Nov
  • Re: Is it possible to export data from access to MySQL?Listen Hinz26 Nov
Re: Is it possible to export data from access to MySQL?Bryant Hester26 Nov
RE: Is it possible to export data from access to MySQL?Steve Bradwell26 Nov
Re: Is it possible to export data from access to MySQL?Ed Reed26 Nov
RE: Is it possible to export data from access to MySQL?Steve Bradwell26 Nov