MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Darryl Hoar Date:November 26 2002 2:46pm
Subject:Grant - questions
View as plain text
Greetings,
I created a database.  I am having problems connecting
to the database remotely.  Getting "Access Denied".

If I log into the machine that the database is on and
mysql -u darryl -ppassword

I get in.

If I try to connect from another machine, "Access denied for
darryl@stripped".

How do I setup the username/permissions correctly for remote access ?

thanks,
Darryl

Thread
Grant - questionsDarryl Hoar26 Nov
  • Re: Grant - questionsIikka Meriläinen26 Nov
  • SQL Row Counting in MySQLTom Place26 Nov
    • Re: SQL Row Counting in MySQLPae Choi26 Nov
    • Re: SQL Row Counting in MySQLJoakim Andersson26 Nov
    • Re: SQL Row Counting in MySQLGelu Gogancea26 Nov
    • re: SQL Row Counting in MySQLVictoria Reznichenko26 Nov
    • Re: SQL Row Counting in MySQLSteve Yates26 Nov
  • re: Grant - questionsVictoria Reznichenko26 Nov
Re: SQL Row Counting in MySQLAlec.Cawley26 Nov