List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Seth Tager Date:September 8 1999 4:05pm
Subject:Can't enter password in BATCH mode
View as plain text
I'm trying to run scripts in batch mode but I dont get a
chance to enter a password. Here's what I'm trying:

sdt: {3} % mysql -u root -p < scriptfile

As soon as I hit return I get the following output:

Enter password:
ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: YES)
sdt: {4} %

It doesn't wait for me enter the password. Is there something I
can do to fix this?

Seth Tager
Thread
Can't enter password in BATCH modeSeth Tager8 Sep
  • Can't enter password in BATCH modeMichael Widenius9 Sep
Re: Can't enter password in BATCH modeSeth Tager9 Sep
Re: Can't enter password in BATCH modeSeth Tager9 Sep
  • Re: Can't enter password in BATCH modeThimble Smith9 Sep