MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jeff Garvas Date:September 8 1999 1:09am
Subject:Re: sparc linux, rh6.0
View as plain text
Chris,

yes we've read the manual a lot here.

- The HAVE-READDIR_R issue is something you look into "after configuring",
but I cant' get configure to run.

The other issue is about patching your sparclinux kernel.  My kernel is
well beyond that kernel version.

The last thing is using LinuxThreads 0.6 "or newer".  We're using
LinuxThreads 0.7.

We appear to be complying with everything, but I've run into problem after
problem.

Currently we can't get past why "configure" is crashing at the char test
with a length of zero.

-jeff

On Tue, 7 Sep 1999, Chris Trown wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 07, 1999 at 08:07:58AM -0400, Jeff Garvas scribbled:
> >
> > Hi Everyone...
> >
> > I'm very new to the list.  If I go about this wrong just let me know and
> > I'll correct my ways ;)
> >
> > I'm trying to install MySQL on a Sun Sparc 10 running Linux RedHat 6.0
> >
> > As you're likley aware, there is no sparc rpm for MySQL publically
> > available.  If anyone has one that will work on a Sparc 10, please let me
> > know off the list.
> >
> > I started with the src.rpm and a --rebuild, but I've had problem after
> > problem.  I've read the archived mailing list and deleted the "big file
> > support" area of the configure script, but now I'm plagued with configure
> > telling me char has a length of zero.  My options are to install static
> > libraries (which already exist) or write a bug report.  Strangely, in the
> > past, it has gotten past this portion of the test.
> >
> > I've tried compiling from the tarball, and after a good two hours (its a
> > slow machine) I'd have an installation that would say something along the
> > lines of:
> >
> > "starting with databases in /var/something/mysql"
> > "mysql ended"
> >
> > With absolutely reasoning given.  Could someone help me out here?  I'd
> > really like to get this machine to run MySQL.
> >

>      In case you haven't read the manual, this *might* help:
>
> http://www.mysql.com/Manual_chapter/manual_Installing.html#Linux-SPARC
>
> Chris...
>
> --
> What's the point?
>
> Computers make very fast, very accurate mistakes.
> PGP fingerprint: 063FCE320681C336  78C164FC9B2F91EA

---
"The people have the right to bear      Ohioans For Concealed Carry, Inc.
arms for their defense and security"    http://www.ofcc.net
- Ohio Constitution, Art. 1 (Bill of Rights)  ^^^ Petition Drive

Jeff Garvas (jeff@stripped) - RedHat Certified Engineer (RHCE)

Thread
sparc linux, rh6.0Jeff Garvas7 Sep
Re: sparc linux, rh6.0Jeff Garvas8 Sep
  • Re: sparc linux, rh6.0Michael Widenius8 Sep
    • Re: sparc linux, rh6.0Jeff Garvas8 Sep
      • Re: sparc linux, rh6.0Michael Widenius8 Sep
        • Re: sparc linux, rh6.0Jeff Garvas8 Sep
      • Re: sparc linux, rh6.0sinisa9 Sep
Re: sparc linux, rh6.0Jeff Garvas8 Sep