MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:elble Date:September 7 1999 9:35pm
Subject:Re: Synchronizing Database copies
View as plain text
> I have had a look at a PERL script on the mysql website.  But that appears
> to be useful for maintaining multiple copies of the same database ie:
>                   Master -----------> Copies
>
> What really need is a system for mirroring changes between the two ie:
>                   Master <----------> Copies

which script did you look at? mysql_replicate.pl will do this.

(you're going to have to be careful about what you do in a two-way
replication scenario, tho)

BTW, new version is on the way, when i get a chance to do some final
testing on it.

BTW, pt II, the author information for mysql_replicate.pl on the web site
is wrong.

Thread
Synchronizing Database copiesdayo7 Sep
  • Re: Synchronizing Database copieselble8 Sep