MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rick Mann Date:November 9 2002 10:22pm
Subject:Re: JDBC Connection Pooling Not Quite Right?
View as plain text
sql, query ... just to make the filter happy.

on 11/8/02 2:30 AM, Alec.Cawley@stripped at Alec.Cawley@stripped
wrote:

> You are missing something, I am afraid. To quite Sun's Javadoc for the
> PooledConnection class

Thank you so much for the quick reply.

Now I understand why the implementation of pooled connections seemed so lame
(why on earth did JDBC client code need to get a different kind of
connection?).

Strikes me that it's just as ridiculous that I have to implement the pooling
scheme. It would have made more sense to provide a reasonable pooling scheme
and allowed me to add my own, if I so desired.

In any event, thank you. Now I know how to fix the problem!

> The Java list - java@stripped - would probaby be more appropriate
> than the general list, but otherwise this is the right place.

Perhaps that should be mentioned on the Connector/J pages...I had no idea
such a list existed. Thanks!

--
Rick

Thread
JDBC Connection Pooling Not Quite Right?Rick Mann8 Nov
Re: JDBC Connection Pooling Not Quite Right?Alec.Cawley8 Nov
Re: JDBC Connection Pooling Not Quite Right?Rick Mann9 Nov
  • Re: JDBC Connection Pooling Not Quite Right?Mark Matthews10 Nov