MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:john Date:November 9 2002 7:25pm
Subject:Re: Newbie help needed with mysql
View as plain text
I dont have a my.cnf file, so I "touched" /etc/my.conf still doesnt
work. Where do
I find a .cnf file to copy over?
and
root@rock:/var/run/mysql# ls
mysql.sock= << it exists.

What could my problem be..? I even upgraded. I am using Slackware 8.1
with 2.4.19 kernel. Maybe that will help.

Thanks so far!

John

>  Chek your my.cnf file and see where it points to for the mysql.sock file.it should
> be under the client portion of it.
>
> if you don't have a my.cnf file hat's your prob right there. Copt one of the cnf
> files to /etc and you should be up and running.

Thread
Bug with "limit" clauseDirk Hillbrecht5 Nov
  • Newbie help needed with mysqljohn5 Nov
    • Re: Newbie help needed with mysqlJohn Coder5 Nov
  • Re: Bug with "limit" clauseSteve Edberg5 Nov
  • Re: Newbie help needed with mysqljohn9 Nov
  • Newbie help needed with mysql : part IIjohn9 Nov
    • Re: Newbie help needed with mysql : part IIJohn Coder9 Nov
    • re: Newbie help needed with mysql : part IIVictoria Reznichenko11 Nov
RE: Newbie help needed with mysqlKelly W [PCS] Black5 Nov