MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jeff Garvas Date:September 7 1999 12:07pm
Subject:sparc linux, rh6.0
View as plain text
Hi Everyone...

I'm very new to the list.  If I go about this wrong just let me know and
I'll correct my ways ;)

I'm trying to install MySQL on a Sun Sparc 10 running Linux RedHat 6.0

As you're likley aware, there is no sparc rpm for MySQL publically
available.  If anyone has one that will work on a Sparc 10, please let me
know off the list.

I started with the src.rpm and a --rebuild, but I've had problem after
problem.  I've read the archived mailing list and deleted the "big file
support" area of the configure script, but now I'm plagued with configure
telling me char has a length of zero.  My options are to install static
libraries (which already exist) or write a bug report.  Strangely, in the
past, it has gotten past this portion of the test.

I've tried compiling from the tarball, and after a good two hours (its a
slow machine) I'd have an installation that would say something along the
lines of:

"starting with databases in /var/something/mysql"
"mysql ended"

With absolutely reasoning given.  Could someone help me out here?  I'd
really like to get this machine to run MySQL.

Thanks,

-jeff

---
"The people have the right to bear      Ohioans For Concealed Carry, Inc.
arms for their defense and security"    http://www.ofcc.net
- Ohio Constitution, Art. 1 (Bill of Rights)  ^^^ Petition Drive

Jeff Garvas (jeff@stripped) - RedHat Certified Engineer (RHCE)

Thread
sparc linux, rh6.0Jeff Garvas7 Sep
Re: sparc linux, rh6.0Jeff Garvas8 Sep
  • Re: sparc linux, rh6.0Michael Widenius8 Sep
    • Re: sparc linux, rh6.0Jeff Garvas8 Sep
      • Re: sparc linux, rh6.0Michael Widenius8 Sep
        • Re: sparc linux, rh6.0Jeff Garvas8 Sep
      • Re: sparc linux, rh6.0sinisa9 Sep
Re: sparc linux, rh6.0Jeff Garvas8 Sep