MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andy Brown Date:September 7 1999 12:13pm
Subject:Recursive Subqueries
View as plain text
Hello,

I'm trying to create a category tree using one table. This table will have
an auto-increment ID field, and a parent_ID field which will refer to an ID
field.

Through a SQL statement that will create different aliases for the same
table, I should be able to create a hierarchial view of the relationships.
This works on Oracle.

I'm not sure, but I remember seeing that MySQL does not support recursive
subqueries. If this is true, does anyone have an indication as to when it
might? I cannot find any mention within the documentation or FAQ.

Thanks,
Andy

 Andy Brown
 brown.andy@stripped

Recursive SubqueriesAndy Brown7 Sep
  • Re: Recursive SubqueriesMartin Ramsch7 Sep
RE: Recursive SubqueriesJohn Millaway7 Sep