MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:<sinisa Date:September 6 1999 10:43am
Subject:Re: Compiling error on Slackware 4.0
View as plain text
Blain Nelson writes:
 > In an effort to improve my chances of getting mysql to work on my
 > machine, I backed up, wiped my linux setup, and installed the lastest
 > version of zipslack.  I then proceded to try compiling the
 > mysql-3.22.23b source distribution.
 >
 > I got through config without a problem, and was quite a ways through the
 > "make" step when I got the following:
 >
 > gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 7
 > make[2]: ***[mf_strippo] Error 1
 > make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/mysql-3.22.23b/mysys'
 > make[1]: ***[all-recursive] Error 1
 > make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/mysql-3.22.23b'
 > make: ***[all-recursive-am] Error 2
 >
 > I looked through the docs and could not find this error listed as bad or
 > just indifferent, nor what to do about it.
 >
 > Is there a list of what these fatal signals are someplace?  I've looked
 > for one through Altavista and haven't found one.
 >
 > Any help, including reckless pieces of fancy, will be much appreciated.
 > If anybody wants, I can dig around and tell you some details of version
 > numbers of things in this zipslack distribution -- I'd run mysqlbug but
 > it's not compiled yet.
 >
 > Thanks,
 > Blain
 >
 > --
 >     Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by
 >        washing away from it all that is not gold. -Leo Tolstoy
 >                          http://www.blainn.cc/
 > blain@stripped       ICQ:19857966         anon-20630@stripped

Hi!

There are two possible causes of this. First, your gcc/g++ has not
installed well. Try gcc 2.95 or some of the latest egcs compiler.

It is possible that you have exhausted virtual memory or /tmp
partition. In that case reconfigure mysql --with-low-memory.

Start from a fresh tarball.

Sinisa

| TcX  ____  __     _____   _____  ___     ==  mysql@stripped            |
|     /*/\*\/\*\   /*/ \*\ /*/ \*\ |*|     Sinisa Milivojevic          |
|    /*/ /*/ /*/   \*\_   |*|   |*||*|     mailto:sinisa@stripped|
|             /*/             \*\                Developers Team       |

Compiling error on Slackware 4.0Blain Nelson6 Sep
  • Re: Compiling error on Slackware 4.0sinisa6 Sep
  • Re: Compiling error on Slackware 4.0Blain Nelson8 Sep
  • Re: Compiling error on Slackware 4.0Gerald Clark8 Sep