MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Blain Nelson Date:September 5 1999 9:39pm
Subject:Compiling error on Slackware 4.0
View as plain text
In an effort to improve my chances of getting mysql to work on my
machine, I backed up, wiped my linux setup, and installed the lastest
version of zipslack.  I then proceded to try compiling the
mysql-3.22.23b source distribution.

I got through config without a problem, and was quite a ways through the
"make" step when I got the following:

gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 7
make[2]: ***[mf_strippo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/mysql-3.22.23b/mysys'
make[1]: ***[all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/mysql-3.22.23b'
make: ***[all-recursive-am] Error 2

I looked through the docs and could not find this error listed as bad or
just indifferent, nor what to do about it.

Is there a list of what these fatal signals are someplace?  I've looked
for one through Altavista and haven't found one.

Any help, including reckless pieces of fancy, will be much appreciated.
If anybody wants, I can dig around and tell you some details of version
numbers of things in this zipslack distribution -- I'd run mysqlbug but
it's not compiled yet.

Thanks,
Blain

--
    Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by
       washing away from it all that is not gold. -Leo Tolstoy

Thread
Compiling error on Slackware 4.0Blain Nelson6 Sep
  • Re: Compiling error on Slackware 4.0sinisa6 Sep
  • Re: Compiling error on Slackware 4.0Blain Nelson8 Sep
  • Re: Compiling error on Slackware 4.0Gerald Clark8 Sep