List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:dreamwvr Date:September 5 1999 3:04pm
Subject:mysqladmin help?
View as plain text
hi,
   my root password has been corrupted on mysql and was hoping
someone knew what file to clear to change the password or start
fresh as passwd is not being accepted:-() originally i created
my password with the command:
#mysqladmin -u root password 'thepassword'
that went just fine.. but when i attempt to access my writing
user with a :
mysqladmin -u root -p 'thepassword' it ACCESS_DENIES me:-{
so since i am real new to myswl i would like to just for
instance cp /dev/null the password file for mysql and start
over to make certain that i have not inadvertently entered
a wrong password for the admin user for mysql..
well that is about it. thanks and real excited about checking
this SQL out!
						Regards,
						dreamwvr@stripped
Reuters, London, February 29, 1998:
Scientists have announced discovering a meteorite which will strike the
earth in March, 2028.  Millions of UNIX coders expressed relief for being
spared the UNIX epoch "crisis" of 2038.

************** DREAMWVR.COM - TOTAL INTERNET SERVICES ****************
  TOTAL DESIGN - DEVELOPMENT - INTEGRATION - SECURITY - Click Here..
           <http://www.dreamwvr.com/services/MAX_SEC.html>
   DREAMWVR.COM - The Console of Many... 90 Topics Covered
<http://www.dreamwvr.com/dynamicduo.html> <mailto:dreamwvr@stripped>
 -> Linux-Mandrake Solution Provider and North American Distributor <-
                        PRODUCT OF THE YEAR!
         <http://www.dreamwvr.com/mandrake/mandrake-main.html>
                       "===0 PGP Key Available
*************** "As Unique as the Company You Keep." *****************
    "If anyone speaks from DREAMWVR.COM its certainly not me:-)"

mysqladmin help?dreamwvr5 Sep
  • Re: mysqladmin help?Martin Ramsch5 Sep