MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tad Marko Date:October 21 2002 5:27pm
Subject:FW: Detecting lost network connection
View as plain text
Hello!

We have an application that is connected to a database across a potentially
unreliable network connection. We have written our C++ DB object to use
mysql_ping to detect a connection before any work with the database, but
things are not working as we had hoped. It seems that if the network goes
down after we have connected, mysql_ping() takes a very long time to return,
blocking our program from proceeding. I know this is probably more of a
networking question, but I don't know where to look. Essentially, I need to
be able to quickly detect if the network has been lost before we proceed
wtih any database work. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tad

Thread
FW: Detecting lost network connectionTad Marko21 Oct