MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mark Date:October 21 2002 4:24pm
Subject:Re: using mysql successfully for 2 years-now getting connection error
View as plain text
Hi Melissa,

/tmp/mysql/sock ?

Are you sure you do not mean:

/tmp/mysql.sock ?

At any rate, it is a UNIX domain socket, and is supposed to be empty (it is
basically a socket in the filesystem). If you do a "ls -la /tmp/mysql.sock",
it will give you something like this:

srwxrwxrwx   1 mysql  wheel    0 Oct  8 23:12 mysql.sock

But maybe you really just made a type in the socket dir. :)

- Mark

        System Administrator Asarian-host.org

---
"If you were supposed to understand it,