MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:melissa allman  Date:October 21 2002 4:01pm
Subject:using mysql successfully for 2 years-now getting connection error
View as plain text
Hi,
I have been running MYSQL without a problem for 2 years.
Today I received a message as follows:
ERROR 2002:
Can't connect to local MYSQL server through socket /tmp/mysql/sock(111)
Did some preliminary search on message on MYSQL.COM site.
This file does exist on server but appears to be empty.
I tried to find documentation on what mysql.sock should contain.
Can anyone direct me to what mysql.sock's config should be.
I do have backup and that will be my next step.
I think somehow this got corrupted but am only trying to get the server back up at this
point.
Can't get the daemon to run-Starting MYSQL but it keeps ending.
Appreciate whatever you have.
Thanks,
Melissa
Download the FREE Opera browser at www.opera.com/download/