MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chung Ha-nyung Date:October 18 2002 6:18am
Subject:mysql user permission when using raw device instead datafile
View as plain text
Dear

After I had mysql use raw device with innodb instead datafile, I
started mysql
and got an error like following;

021018 14:11:18  mysqld started
021018 14:11:19  InnoDB: Operating system error number 13 in a file
operation.
InnoDB: See http://www.innodb.com/ibman.html for installation help.
InnoDB: The error means mysqld does not have the access rights to
InnoDB: the directory.
InnoDB: File name /dev/rd/c0d0p3
InnoDB: Cannot continue operation.
021018 14:11:19  mysqld ended

mysql and all other files' owner is root and I gave "--user=mysql"
option to mysql.
But after omitting the above option, the same error occurred again and
only using
"--user=root" option seems to solve this problem.
Why mysql would not run in the root permission even thoguh it's owner
is root?
Or is there any other problem replating to using raw device?
Can I NOT run mysql as mysql user permission not root?

Thanks

--
 Chung Ha-nyung <alita@[neowiz.com|kldp.org]>
 Sayclub <http://www.sayclub.com>

Thread
mysql user permission when using raw device instead datafileChung Ha-nyung18 Oct
  • Re: mysql user permission when using raw device instead datafileHarald Fuchs18 Oct