List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joseph Norris Date:October 11 2002 11:11pm
Subject:query going crazy.
View as plain text
Group,

I have the following query:

select phones.*, ops.plid, ops.box, ops.mac
from phones, ops where
(ops.box = 'Mcds') or (ops.box = 'Mn3300') and
(phones.suffix1 = ops.phone) order by ops.mac

When I change the order by to a field in the phones table - sorts just fine
and produces results but in this case I am sorting by one of the fields in
the other table (ops).

massive bunch of disk activity and mysqladmin shows that the process is
writing stuff to disk then sorting then producing the results.

Am I doing this query incorrectly?

BTW - I am Win32 mysql version.
Thread
query going crazy.Joseph Norris12 Oct
  • re: query going crazy.Victoria Reznichenko12 Oct