MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Insanely Great Date:October 11 2002 5:31am
Subject:Re: copy one database to another
View as plain text
Greetings...

I dont think that there is any SQL statement to do that.

As of changing the name, You can just go to the data directory of MySQL and
change the name of the directory of the database. MySQL stores each database
as a directoyr so changing the name of the directory will change the name of
the database.

I have tried this with MyISAM and ISAM tables, not sure of other table
types.

Rgds
Insane
SQLyog - The Definative GUI for MySQL