MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Venky Date:September 3 1999 12:24pm
Subject:Re: Need Help Importing Data
View as plain text
Hi !

Where are you importing data from?

If you are doing it from the shell prompt using the dump command , then
ensure that you use -u user -p dbname which will then prompt you for the
password and then you can import the data

Best regards

Venky

> <<<<<<<
|>Greetings Gents,
|>
|> I am having trouble loading data into tables from a text file. When I
type in the load
|> data command at the mysql prompt I get an error saying that I do not have
|> access. However I can load the data via the insert command anyone got
any ideas
|> here??
|>
|>Namaste
|>
|>Phillip
|>
|>'The mind, which sometimes presumes to believe there is no such things as
a miracle, is itself a miracle.'  - Scott Peck
<<<<<<< End of original message >>>>>>>

"If, each year, the number of things or events which can arouse
your anger or lust grows smaller, you are making progress; you
are stagnating  if it  remains the same; if it increases, your
spiritual development is retrogressive."

http://www.kamakoti.org

Need Help Importing DataPhillip S. Baker3 Sep
  • Re: Need Help Importing DataVenky3 Sep
  • Re: Need Help Importing DataMartin Ramsch3 Sep