MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:webmaster Date:September 3 1999 8:14am
Subject:Re: MySQL - replication over the net?
View as plain text
-----Original Message-----
From: Paul <forte1@stripped>
To: mysql@stripped <mysql@stripped>
Date: Thursday, September 02, 1999 10:04 AM
Subject: MySQL - replication over the net?

>Is there any replication scheme for mySQL?
>
>I need to update small amount of data from in-house application with our
>central web-database, but I am not sure if this is possible to do over the
>Internet without going through the web site..
>
>I need to implement this for 100 users..(it is one-way replication - only
>to the main server). The application is Win based
>
>Thank you for any suggestions

Hi Paul,

I've just finished writing a system to synchronise tables on a LAN and
web database; it is both ways, and uses ftp through a standard dial-up
connection.
I was thinking of generalising the system to make it possible to
replicate tables across different databases (especially, MySQL) between
LAN and web.

You could do the same using Perl scripts on the server end to import
data sent via ftp - methinks !

Justin
webmaster@stripped
http://www.lisol.co.uk

Thread
MySQL - replication over the net?Paul3 Sep
Re: MySQL - replication over the net?Curtis Maurand3 Sep
Re: MySQL - replication over the net?webmaster3 Sep