MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vlatko Surlan Date:September 18 2002 10:33am
Subject:Re: How to overwrite the /var/lib/mysql path during installation?
View as plain text
On Tue, 17 Sep 2002, Tam,Aaron wrote:

> I'm installing the mysql-max-3.23.52-pc-linux-gnu-i686 version.  But I don't
> have the root permission, and don't have the /var/lib/ access permission.
> And I got the following error when I ran the ./configure commend.  Do anyone
> know how to change the /var/lib/mysql directory to something else?

 Regards. I saw no reply to your question so I decided to give my insight.
I was in the same trouble with mysql 4.0.3 for HP-UX and had no success
installing it into non default directory. I tried to compile source next
but that failed misserably and I didnt get any help here either so I
downgraded to 3.23.xx. Compilation went fine when I turned off InnoDB.
The gig is that when compiling from source there is a
--prefix=/path/to/installation_dir option to configure script.
I guess you allready got that this makes mysql installation script
put all the stuff in the directory you specify. In this way I
have my mysql installed in /var/tmp/vsurlan and on mercy of the admin :)).

 Greetings to all, slow down and have a better day :)).

Thread
How to overwrite the /var/lib/mysql path during installation?Aaron Tam17 Sep
  • Re: How to overwrite the /var/lib/mysql path during installation?Vlatko Surlan18 Sep