MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 17 2002 6:06pm
Subject:optimizer bug in selecting fields that don´t belong to the index used by mysql
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "rafarife" == rafarife  <rafarife@stripped> writes:

rafarife>  Description:
rafarife>      Hello,

rafarife>      I am working with mysqld-max-nt under windows 2000 and unsing InnoDb
rafarife>      tables.

rafarife>      I have the following table:

<cut>

rafarife>    I don´t understand why this select:

rafarife>    Select Cod,Nom,Nif,Nombre_comercial from Clientes Where (Nom = 'GARCIA
> MANCILLA,S.L' And Cod>'061642')
rafarife>     Or Nom>'GARCIA MANCILLA,S.L' Order by Nom ASC, Cod ASC Limit 50;
rafarife>    (Mysql uses the unique index: Nombre)

What is the output from EXPLAIN for this query ?
Do you get a similar problem with MyISAM tables ?

Regards,
Monty
Thread
optimizer bug in selecting fields that don´t belong to the index used by mysqlrafarife13 Sep
  • optimizer bug in selecting fields that don´t belong to the index used by mysqlMichael Widenius18 Sep