List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Aaron Tam Date:September 17 2002 5:55pm
Subject:How to overwrite the /var/lib/mysql path during installation?
View as plain text
I'm installing the mysql-max-3.23.52-pc-linux-gnu-i686 version.  But I don't
have the root permission, and don't have the /var/lib/ access permission.
And I got the following error when I ran the ./configure commend.  Do anyone
know how to change the /var/lib/mysql directory to something else?

Thanks in advance.

To help you a bit, I am now going to create the needed MySQL databases
and start the MySQL server for you.  If you run into any trouble, please
consult the MySQL manual, that you can find in the Docs directory.

mkdir: cannot create directory `/var/lib/mysql/mysql': Permission denied
chmod: getting attributes of `/var/lib/mysql/mysql': No such file or
directory
mkdir: cannot create directory `/var/lib/mysql/test': Permission denied
chmod: getting attributes of `/var/lib/mysql/test': No such file or
directory
Thread
How to overwrite the /var/lib/mysql path during installation?Aaron Tam17 Sep
  • Re: How to overwrite the /var/lib/mysql path during installation?Vlatko Surlan18 Sep