MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Stephen R. Figgins Date:August 31 1999 10:57pm
Subject:Solved: Mysqlaccess: Acess denied
View as plain text
Sasha's reply jogged my mind a bit.  My password had special
characters in it, a '$' and a '|'.  Using an alphanumeric password
made it work like a champ, as did escaping these characters with a
'\'.

If you want to use mysqlaccess - be careful with those non
alphanumeric characters that still have meaning in a quoted perl
string.

I tried mailing the author of the program at Yves.Carlier@stripped,
but my message bounced.  If you are reading out there, Yves, you might
want to tweak this program a bit so it will accept these characters in
a password.

Stephen R. Figgins
fig@stripped

Thread
Mysqlaccess: Acess deniedStephen R. Figgins1 Sep
  • Re: Mysqlaccess: Acess deniedsasha1 Sep
    • Solved: Mysqlaccess: Acess deniedStephen R. Figgins1 Sep
      • Re: Solved: Mysqlaccess: Acess deniedThimble Smith1 Sep
        • Re: Solved: Mysqlaccess: Acess deniedStephen R. Figgins1 Sep
        • Re: Solved: Mysqlaccess: Acess deniedMartin Ramsch1 Sep